School of Management Studies (SMS) library is a well equipped library, with collection and services attuned for management students, professionals, researchers and faculty. It is one of the best B-School library in south India. our library was able to provide necessary information provision and support not only for SMS, but also for wider sections of the management community of our state. It always renewed, restructured it self to cope with technological advancements and changing needs of our academic community. SMS library is an automated library with OPAC, digital collections and online databases. It also houses printed resources and can support conventional information seeking with card catalogues. SMS library uses and supports free and open source software.
Library is functioning in two storied building. The ground floor houses the contemporary collection where as the upper floor stacks bound volumes and earlier editions of books. The library collection is organised using Decimal Classification (DDC) system. It uses digits 000-999 to represent subject. The use of DDC will provide a progressive sequence in shelving of books, which in turn will help to locate books with much ease.
- There shall not be any arguments with the staff. Complaints/grievances, if any may be reported to the Director.
- Users of library are expected to respect the instructions and suggestions given by the library staff.
- Students are not permitted to take personal belongings including printed materials inside the library.
- Students should furnish the necessary details in the gate register before entering the library.
- Students can take text books with register for long period, not exceeding a semester. No. of books
- Books will be issued for a period of 15 days. Renewal will be permitted on the basis of demand and availability. Books on loan can be reserved also.
- Borrowers cards are non transferable, cards once lost will not be replaced.
- Laptop can be used inside the library but without breaking the silence.
- Snacks and beverages are not allowed inside the library.
- Do not replace books in the shelf.
- Use of mobile phones are strictly banned inside library.
- Taking out library articles with out the prior permission of the library staff is not permitted.
- Treat library article with care and with the consciousness that these articles would be useful for the coming batches
- Observe complete silence in and around the library
Library offers the following services:
- Current awareness
- Selective Dissemination of Information
- Access to Electronic resources
Resources in the library
Library is currently having more than 46,000 documents. We subscribe to nearly 45 national and international journals. In addition to these we have a pool of internally generated knowledge in the form of doctoral and M.Phil dissertations and projects.